Thursday, June 7, 2012

Tights, Color, Action!


Summer is here! You know what that means...sunglasses, skirts, platforms and...tights?

Many women don't realize that just a few simple items can transform their day outfit perfect for the night! One of my personal favorite things to keep on hand is patterned tights. Why? Because, patterned tights can go from day to night, super easily. I chose a deep purple pair that I bought from Target! For $8! To dress them down I wore a basic v-neck tee I bought from Forever 21 and a pair of Coach sneakers. Not only did the colors match perfectly, but it was a super cute, easy, out the door outfit.
To dress up the tights for a night of dinner and dancing, I paired the purple with a pair of  platform heels, a deep purple v-neck Express shirt, black skirt I kept from earlier that day and a belt. Scarves optional. This was a super easy day to night outfit that every girl can wear. I definitely suggest running out to buy your favorite color patterned tights, because you never know where you'll be at 9pm on Saturday!
You can never go wrong with black patterned tights, but don't be afraid of some color, summer is the perfect time to break out all those colored clothes you haven't worn yet! Colored tights are a great way to spruce up an old outfit and make it feel new again. Plus, you'll feel a little glamorous!

3 comments:

  1. I love colourful and patterned tights as well! They're my favourite accessory and I wear them everytime I can, with shorts, skirts and dresses. However, summer in my city is way too hot to wear tights, so to me, tights mean springtime :) . By the way, I’ve just discovered your blog and I really like it. Would you like to follow each other via GFC? Please, let me know!

    Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of these tights.

    Nora

    http://notenora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I will have to get into tights for the summer! I always just wore them in winter. Texas winter is relatively nice so one can get away with tights and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete